Monday, August 20, 2012

Growing Up


Bubba,

You continue to grow up right before my eyes.  You are already putting weight on your legs and standing 2 feet tall!  You always seem to have a confident look on your face when you are standing up.  Tonight you were standing there watching Mom cook.  Pretty soon you’ll be helping us make dinner!

The other day, I think I might have heard a small giggle.  You just had a bath and I was putting baby lotion on your tummy and you were smiling and chatting, then a small giggle squeaked out.  Today, you definitely giggled after leaving daycare and later on at home.  Be prepared for me and Mom to make huge fools of ourselves trying to make you laugh.  It already started today!  You’re just a very happy baby.

Luckily, you are not too old for a good snuggle.  It’s the best part of my day.  You snuggle up and break me down.  No matter how long or hard the day was, you have an uncanny ability to make it all disappear.  Sometimes on the weekends, you’ll snuggle up in the morning after you eat and we’ll fall asleep for another 2 hours!  It’s just an amazing feeling.  No one can resist that power!



There are so many things to look forward to that I sometimes have to stop myself and remember to enjoy today because it doesn’t last long. 

I love you, Ty, and our snuggle time!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment