Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Exploding Heart

Dear Ty,

First of all, I am so sorry we have not posted in a while!  Our lives are really full now with you, and I just have not made the time to sit down and write.  This letter will be a lil shorter because we're at the end of a football marathon (Michigan won  woo hoo).  We're on Fall Break, though, so I promise I'll make time to write more over the next week at least.  I'm going to bug your dad, too.

Let's get to this exploding heart thing now.  Unfortunately, it's not going to be as gross and gory as you might hope.  You should know by now that most of the time I can veer into the world of sappy quite easily (the rest of the time, of course, I'm being hilariously funny).  The heart that is exploding is mine.  It used to beat for me.  Then, it started to beat a little faster for your dad.  Now?  It beats for you.

I was looking through the photo album we have created for your first year online.  We'll have to make that into a book at the end of this year also.  You give us the most adorable opportunities for pictures about 15,000 times a day, and we pick a few every couple of weeks that melt our hearts and make us giggle at the same time to add into your album.  That's a hard thing to do.

Anyway, I've been looking through your album, and I simply cannot believe how much you have grown already.  You seriously change every single day and do some new and delightful thing that amazes and amuses us.  You are smiling all the time, giggling, "talking" nonstop, trying to break out of your swing, getting stronger and stronger at tummy time, and so much more.  You have even rolled over a few times!  You reward us all the time by flashing that handsome grin of yours or squeaking or, best of all, laughing and talking right back to us.  It was hard to leave you to go to work before, but now it is nearly impossible.

It is also nearly impossible to even think of a way to express to you how very much I love you.  I think about you constantly and talk about you every chance I get.  I'm sure that this must be annoying to others, but if they're parents, I'm also sure they understand.  At least I hope they do.  I want with all my heart for everyone to experience the kind of love that we share in this family.  There's nothing better.

We are blessed beyond belief that God has chosen us to be your parents.  You have your dad's good looks and my winning personality (haha)... watch out world!  I am both excited to see what amazing thing you will do next and terrified by the fact that time keeps on flying by, even when I want it to stand still for a little while.  Either way, we love you to the point that our hearts just about explode, and we could not be more proud to call you ours.  Thanks for being wonderful you.  You are one cool little dude.

Love you,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment