Monday, November 5, 2012

Moos and Boos (Not Booze!)

Dear Ty,

I have been looking forward to buying a baby Halloween costume since before I was even ready to have a baby.  When it came time to actually find one for you, I scoured website after website (and a few stores in person) to try to find the perfect cross section between cuteness, price, and you not hating us in the future for what we did to you. :)  The Pottery Barn spicy tuna roll made me laugh out loud, but the price was not right. I loved the meaning of the dinosaur costumes we saw, since you have always been our little dinosaur, but they just weren't all that cute.  The pea in the pod that I had often imagined seemed too babyish.  You are not a baby.  You are a miniature man.

We decided on a classic that was cute, comfy for you (okay, as comfy as possible), and easy on the wallet.  You could make anything adorable.  You totally did.
Your costumed cuteness started on your first trip to Michigan.  You had to show Grandma and Grandpa!

We didn't get any pictures at your first Halloween party, but you had a good time, I promise.  You giggled a lot at Angie the Hippie's hair.  This is on Halloween morning as you sent me off to school.  You still weren't all that sure about the costume.  You had a nice little party with your friends at school and made some precious pictures with your feet.

Moooooo!  Mooooo!  How cute are you? :)


It took many attempts to get you to smile in the costume.  We felt so bad for you because you were sick and just getting over a fever and into a cold.  The only way I finally figured out to get you to smile in the costume was for Daddy and I to bounce all over in front of you like crazy people, chanting, "Who dat?  Who dat?  Who dat say de gonna beat dem Saints?!"  Apparently, you are a New Orleans Saints fan.  Who knew?  We were just glad to see your little charmer smile.


We had a wonderful, typical Halloween night.  I watched "Hocus Pocus" with you while we handed out candy to our couple of trick or treaters.  Daddy acted surprised when we had a lot of his favorite candy left over for the fourth year in a row.  I hope he shares with you a bit next year. :)


We found once again that things that were already fun before are even more fun with you around!  I'm glad that we get another year or two to plan your cuteness before you start to pick your own costumes.  I'm not sure I'm ready to argue about fake blood just yet... with your or with your dad after he buys it for you ;).

Love you,

Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment